Search On Starfish Knits

Friday, April 27, 2012

Next Attempt: The Starfish

 
I've decided that my next project is going to be (appropriately) a starfish!  I'm going to attempt to recreate the starfish as instructed in the adorable book Amigurumi Knits by Hansi Singh.  My knitting buddy, Lara, is letting me borrow her book for a little bit.  I've already had a few co-workers say they'd like to buy the hermit crab, but that's going to have to wait a little longer while I up my experience level.

This picture to the left isn't my project, but a great picture of a completed version.  So cute!  Lara already completed one and I fell head over heels for it!

After learning some tips on the bow knot, and making some little hearts (pictures to come!) of my own, I think I've picked up all the skills needed for the starfish, but hopefully I can get the knitting crew at work together this week.  I'll probably need some tips...

We'll have to see how long it will take me to finally finish (or even start!).  Despite having had a week of vacation last week, I barely touched my needles!

Well, thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

1 comment: