Search On Starfish Knits

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Cozying Up For Fall

I love fall.  When I was younger and still in school I felt quite the opposite.  Probably because fall meant the end of the summer and therefore the beginning of the new school year.  Now that I have a year round job, it really doesn't matter what time of year it is because I still have work everyday.  My new daily schedule has given me a greater appreciation for fall.  The weather starts to cool down just enough that you can begin wearing boots, scarves and jackets again.  The leaves begin to change color and if you are lucky to live in a more seasonal climate than California you get to enjoy the colors much longer.

A personal favorite part of the return of fall is the hot drinks.  Hot chocolates, tea, coffee, and cider become popular again.  Heck, even mulled wine starts to make a comeback as the weather cools and Christmas is right around the corner.  Plus, knitting finds its place to shine.  Warm scarves, wraps and blankets.  I can combine two of my favorite things with one of my newer completed projects: the coffee cozy.



It's not necessarily just for coffee, but I guess that's just how I've grown up saying it.  Anyway, I'm really happy to have it and hope to make some more as the weather cools down even more.  I realize it's still early September, which for California still means summer, but fall's right around the corner and I couldn't be more excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment