Search On Starfish Knits

Monday, March 9, 2015

Projects, Patterns and Philanthrophy

I found this pattern while wandering around Pinterest.  Could be pretty cool.  I'm not sure how good it would look on the body type, though...  But who knows, maybe it'd be cool, or a good gift or something... Not sure yet if I'll try this one.

Source: the purl bee
Since I haven't written here in a while, I thought I might write about what's going on.  I'm currently working on a blanket with a weave pattern.  Really liking how it's turning out, but it's definitely a larger project.

I'm also donating some hats to my work's Sweet Iris auction.  If you haven't heard about Sweet Iris, it's run by some friends of mine whose daughter has a degenerative neurological disorder called GM1 Gangliosidosis.  There are currently no human treatments and we're trying to raise money to fund clinical trials through research being conducted at Auburn University.  Here's a short video my friend put together about her daughter and what they're facing:



If you would like to donate, please visit their GoFundMe page.  They are over halfway to their $500,000 goal but there's still a long way to go.

Happy Spring! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment