Search On Starfish Knits

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Vote! Keep or Unravel?

Hey everyone!  I need some help.  I recently finished this scarf, but I'm not sure whether or not to keep it as is and sell it or unravel and make something new. 

Here's my story:  I started this scarf a while back.  Originally, I was doing a simple 2x2 rib, but then I found this awesome pattern and decided to make myself a baby alpaca scarf with the new pattern.  It was so incredibly soft to work with, and I couldn't wait to have this scarf for myself.  I only had a little bit of time each night to work on this, so it took a while but I finally finished.

And then I put it on.  It was prickly.  I couldn't believe it.  The softest yarn I had ever worked with, and it was prickly on my neck.  I didn't have the heart to undo it because it was so incredibly pretty, so I decided to hold onto it until I found some other project to use the yarn for.

I started making fingerless gloves with my gray baby alpaca yarn and absolutely love them.  The yarn is perfect for them and I have already worn my pair several times.

So now I'm at a crossroads.  Do I unravel the purple scarf and make some more fingerless gloves, or do I keep it as a finished scarf and try to sell it?  I obviously can't wear it, but I've met and read about several people that really love it as scarf material.  I suppose my neck is just a bit more sensitive.  Anyway, I'm still deciding, and could use some outside opinions. 

What do you think?  Keep or Unravel?


1 comment:

  1. it's really pretty but you can't sell something you wouldn't want to wear because it's uncomfortable. I would unravel it.

    ReplyDelete